Maeve is a Partner within Mills Selig’s Litigation practice and leads the firm’s Licensing team.
Maeve has built an impressive reputation in all aspects of liquor licensing law, including advising on complex applications, high-value transactions and contentious objections. With 15 years’ experience and as head of the Band 1 team (Chambers and Partners), Maeve’s knowledge and experience in this area is indisputable. Maeve recently appeared before the Select Committee at Stormont debating the proposed reform and modernisation of Liquor Licensing Legislation in Northern Ireland – clearly demonstrating the value of Maeve’s profile and expertise.
Maeve also boasts expertise in all areas of contentious litigation with particular focus and knowledge of property litigation. This experience has been strengthened over the last number of years as a result of her property agent and landlord client base and includes all manner of landlord/tenant disputes, hospitality related matters, forfeiture actions and complex debt recovery matters (particularly with insolvency aspects). Maeve is a member of the Property Litigation Association (PLA), a UK wide association for lawyers specialising in property litigation and sits on the Northern Ireland committee.
Maeve also has considerable experience advising on regulation and enforcement, holding a key role in the firm’s regulatory team.
- appeared before the Stormont Committee reviewing the modernisation of NI Licensing legislation to provide evidence on behalf of the Law Society
- advised an objector in successfully preventing the grant of a new supermarket licence in Belfast, making new law in Northern Ireland
- advises numerous commercial property agents on a wide range of significant contentious issues
- successfully appeared before Belfast City Council’s licensing committee for the grant of an entertainments licence despite objections
- advised a multinational entertainments company in High Court proceedings in relation to potential fraudulent mis-statements
What they Say
“Maeve Fisher always achieves the best outcome for my business“
“She combines a strong awareness of the market context with high-level legal acumen“
“Maeve Fisher is an excellent litigator with a well-earned reputation in all things licensing”
“Maeve puts things in layman’s terms and was very good at guiding the process”
“dedicated and extremely diligent, with a detailed knowledge of licensing”
“Maeve is highly organised and thorough, I certainly value her input and judgement – she’s a problem solver.”
“Great all-round litigation team, providing clear, proactive and friendly advice”