Kirsten is an experienced commercial litigator with a background in advising both private and public sector clients on a wide range of complex, high value disputes.
Kirsten’s experience includes advising on claims for breach of contract, matters involving procurement and contractor fraud, Intellectual Property disputes and judicial review with a commercial slant. She advises clients faced with HSE investigations and in Coronial Inquests.
Kirsten has a particular interest in insurance disputes and in matters involving allegations of professional negligence.
- Representing the owner of a patent in relation to patent infringement proceedings in the High Court;
- Acting for a global manufacturer of pneumatic rollers who has been designated as a PIP in Coronial Inquest proceedings and who is one of a number of Defendants in related civil proceedings;
- Advising a quasi-public body in relation to an appeal against a decision of the Information Commissioner;
- Acting for an anchor tenant in a significant dispute with their landlord regarding a breach of the covenant of quiet enjoyment;
- Obtaining emergency injunctive relief on behalf of the directors of a company who were being subjected to harassment and intimidation;
- Representing a commercial policyholder in a multi-million pound claim under their Business Interruption insurance policy;
- Acting for various Northern Irish solicitors during her time with one of the panel firms who act for the insurers who underwrite the Master Policy; and
- Acting as Supervising Solicitor in relation to the service of an Anton Pillar Order (whereby evidence is seized in a process akin to a ‘dawn raid’).
What they say
“Kirsten Magee – very personable and a pleasure to work with on NI-based matters”
“Kirsten Magee is extremely knowledgeable and has helped my company so much”
“Kirsten is a rising star in commercial dispute litigation”
“Emma Hunt and Kirsten Magee are outstanding partners in this field”
“Kirsten Magee’s approach to litigation clearly puts the client’s interests at the heart of the solution being sought, both in the immediate term and the longer term, while protecting the client’s position at all times. She is impressive in terms of her knowledge and speed of reaction, very solution-focused and quick to suggest alternative dispute resolution”
“Emma Hunt and Kirsten Magee provided straightforward and understandable advice on a timely basis. They were always available and adapted well to the change of issues over the life of the case”
“Great all-round litigation team, providing clear, proactive and friendly advice”