Kiera has over 20 years’ experience in employment law, acting for employers in contentious and non-contentious matters. Her client list includes leading NI Companies and large employers.
Kiera’s experience covers day to day HR problems and complex restructuring issues. She has given advice on a restructure and redundancy programme involving more than 800 employees, defended multi claimant tribunal claims for unfair dismissal arising from TUPE transfers. She recently advised on the high-profile acquisition of Wrightbus and the sale of Novosco.
She also assists with strategic decisions, successfully managing the exit of senior executives including any contentious issues with shareholding and restrictive covenants.
Kiera is a regular writer and speaker for Legal Island and delivers in-house training to many of her clients.
- advising on the employment aspects of high value acquisations including SDC Trailers, Wrightbus and Novosco
- advising on a restructure & redundancy programme involving more than 800 employees
- defended multi-claimant tribunal claims for unfair dismissal arising from TUPE transfers
- assisting with strategic decisions, including successfully managing the exit of senior executives
- advising on contentious issues with restrictive covenants and obtaining injunctions to enforce covenants
- advising on the complexities around union recognition
What they say
- “Kiera is extremely responsive and speaks in a jargon-free manner“
- “She is excellent to deal with, very personable and extremely knowledgeable about employment law and her clients’ business“
- “I trust Kiera’s judgement implicitly and know that at the root of any advice will be the commercial awareness required to protect our business”
- “Kiera Lee heads up the department and handles contentious and non-contentious employment matters. Sources speak to her solid reputation and commend her commercial outlook, calling her a “business-focused employment lawyer”
- “Has an excellent grasp of the commercial aspects of employment law”
- “She is commercial, pragmatic and knows which battles to fight”
- “…an excellent service in a timely manner”
- “Kiera Lee is totally responsive and attentive to the client’s needs and is both skillful and creative. Not only is the team at Mills Selig distinguished by its superior legal skills, but also by its highest level of personal integrity and complete dedication to client service.”
- “Kiera Lee can provide intelligent and practical guidance immediately on a host of issues.”
- “Kiera Lee has a charming manner, combined with a strong sense of what is practical for small businesses.”