Glenn Watterson leads the pack of next-generation corporate lawyers in Northern Ireland. He is recognised as an ‘up and coming lawyer’ by Chambers & Partners with one client noting “Glenn is excellent, very energetic, very knowledgeable and solutions-focused.”
Now in his fourteenth year with the firm, Glenn has gained significant expertise in both corporate and commercial matters, and leads teams from Mills Selig in mergers and acquisitions across mainly the IT, energy and hospitality sectors.
Glenn’s expertise in the IT sector is demonstrated by his continuing engagement as lead lawyer for international fintech giant, FD Technologies PLC, in relation to its KX Ventures investment fund. His work in this area focuses on investment, acquisition and disposal of stakes in various software companies throughout the world.
He is a member of the firm’s Climate and Energy team, and advises clients on commercial issues including the financing, construction and disposal or acquisition of renewable energy assets. Glenn is fast becoming the advisor of choice for local and Great Britain based investors acquiring Northern Irish renewable energy assets, given his sector knowledge and experience.
- acted for Canadian technology and software company, Valsoft, in relation to its acquisition of Fluent Technology
- acting for the shareholders of Natural World Products on the sale of the company
- advises First Derivatives Plc. in relation to its KX Investment Fund and ongoing portfolio of investments in the software and information technology sectors throughout the world
- part of Mills Selig’s Climate & Energy Team that has, during 2021, acted for a number of clients in relation to the acquisition and disposal of renewable energy assets for a total consideration in excess of £140million including leading the team on the largest wind turbine portfolio acquisition in Northern Ireland that year
- acted for the Galgorm Manor Hotel group in its landmark acquisition of the Crawfordsburn Inn
- led the team that acted for Belgian food group, Ter Beke BV, in relation to its acquisition of frozen food company KK Fine Foods Plc
What they say
“I have worked with Glenn Watterson on several small transactions and his delivery is superb. Communication is super; tempo and time management great; controlling the situation; protecting my interests with no ego. He’s a ‘go-to’ professional”
“Glenn is responsive, diligent and knowledgeable. He understands complex transactional documentation and can isolate the relevant issues with ease.”
“He is excellent: very energetic, very knowledgeable and solutions-focused“
“He’s been really good. He always gives good advice and works hard. Working with him is very easy”