Jayne is a Consultant in Mills Selig commercial property team.
She has wide-ranging experience acting for private and public sector clients, including acquisitions and disposals, commercial leases and their management (for both landlords and tenants), refinances and supporting corporate transactions.
Jayne joined Mills Selig from one of the leading commercial firms in Scotland, having previously worked for a top offshore firm in Jersey.
- Advised on one of the highest value asset management purchases in Scotland in 2021, comprising two fully-let grade A office buildings in Edinburgh city centre.
- Provided corporate support for the acquisition of a prominent whisky company and its historic distillery buildings.
- Negotiated a bespoke biomass boiler lease at a well-known whisky distillery to lower carbon emissions from distilling operations.
- Acted for a student accommodation provider in the preparation of a model tenancy agreement and in the disposal of one of their development sites.
- Has acted regularly for housebuilders including advising on the title of potential sites for acquisition, negotiation of contracts and formalising wayleaves with utility providers for site energisation.
- Provided advice on property management matters for several UK charities.
- Has acted on the management of property portfolios for a number of public sector clients, including acquisitions, disposals, leases (and their management) and planning agreements.
What they say
“I’ve always appreciated Jayne’s clarity, speed and efficiency which has been absolutely exemplary.”
“Jayne’s can-do attitude is always very much appreciated.”
“I always have confidence in Jayne to give me a sensible opinion and a pragmatic view”.